Scholarship Opportunity: FSCI 2020 Online, August 3-13, 2020
EarthCube is excited to announce that scholarship applications are now being accepted for the FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute (FSCI) 2020, which will be delivered virtually from August 3-13, 2020. Established in 2017 to provide continuous knowledge transfer and skills training at a high level, both FORCE11 (The Future of Research Communication and eScholarship) and EarthCube are committed to ensuring that academic resources remain available and accessible amidst financial challenges brought on or made more difficult by the global pandemic.
This year’s program is centered on the theme of FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) Data principles and will offer a variety of courses exploring utilization of open source tools for better data collaboration, cross-disciplinary community engagement, inclusive research activities, and more. Both partial and full scholarships are available on an as-needed basis.
Scholarship priority will be given to individuals that:
- Are considering exploring, or have recently begun a career in academia and research;
- Have never attended FSCI;
- Want to learn more about developing their skills as they relate to the new age of Scholarly Communication;
- Would not have considered attending FSCI otherwise due to financial or travel constraints;
- Wish to expand their community of expertise to include individuals with a wide array of skill sets and backgrounds across disciplines.
Interested applicants may submit a form here. Apply soon as courses will likely fill up very quickly. Applications will close June 26, 2020.